As a locum tenens provider, having multiple state licenses can help you be more marketable for job opportunities. In obtaining multiple licenses, every state has different processes, timeframes and requirements so it may be beneficial to find a recruiting firm, such as Medestar, that will assist you with the process. Licensing and credentialing experts at recruiting firms typically provide services that include:
– Assisting with completion and submission of the state board application.
– Requesting all necessary verifications from entities such as your medical school, any post graduate training programs, hospitals you have previously been credentialed in, and other state medical boards you are currently licensed with or have inactive licenses with etc.
– Following up with those entities listed above to ensure the necessary verifications are being processed in a timely manner.
– Acting as a liaison between you and the state board.
– Making the process as easy for you as possible so you can focus on other things.
Applying for state licenses can be tedious and frustrating, however having a knowledgeable person assisting you can help alleviate the pains of the process.
Lisa Burrow is the Director of Operations at Medestar.
Connect with Lisa: