Medestar currently has a high demand for locum tenens physicians in Indiana, Pennsylvania and Alabama but not enough medical licensed physicians to fill all the needs. Are you interested in obtaining a license and working in any of these three states? Special offer for locum tenens physicians: Medestar will pay for you to be licensed* in one of the three states as long as you work 15 shifts in that state over a 2-year period for our company.
Below is helpful information regarding licensing in Indiana, Pennsylvania and Alabama:
– The process to obtain a permanent license takes approximately 4-6 weeks. This timeframe is based on an American Graduate with no background issues.
– The following documents are needed to make the process go quickly: Medical Degree, ALL Post Graduate Training Certificates, and active licenses.
– International Medical Graduates will also need the following additional documents: transcript/all subjects and grades (mark sheets) and ECFMG certificate. If an International Medical Graduate does not have copies of transcript/all subjects and grades (mark sheets) this would not be a fit.
– Permanent licensure takes approximately 8-10 weeks to process. This timeframe is based on an American Graduate with no background issues.
– Pennsylvania requires verification of medical education so this would not be a fit for an International Medical Graduate unless they already have an FCVS packet established.
– It takes approximately 8-10 weeks to complete a licensure file. The file then has to be presented at the next monthly board meeting for approval. This timeframe is based on an American Graduate with no background issues.
– Alabama requires verification of medical education. Due to this requirement, Alabama licensure is not a good fit for an International Medical Graduate unless he/she already has a FCVS packet established.
Benefits of using Medestar for licensing:
– We will cover the cost of the license as long as you work 15 shifts in that state over a 2 year period for our company.
– We assist with completion and submission of the state board application.
– We request all necessary verifications from entities such as your medical school, any post graduate training programs, hospitals you have previously been credentialed in, and other state medical boards where you hold active or inactive state licenses.
– We follow up with those entities listed above to ensure the necessary verifications are being processed in a timely manner.
– We act as a liaison between you and the state board.
– We make the process as easy for you as possible so you can focus on other things.
*Medestar has the discretion to move forward with state licensure.
Get in touch with a recruitment consultant!
Call us directly: 877-868-5350